Gallery & 2008 Straw house tour
Homes marked with are partipating in the tour. Directions to each home are posted at the bottom of their individual pages. Scroll all the way down to find them.
The tour will take place from 10am-4pm, Saturday, October 4. Please respect these hours, as our hosts will be putting in a long day welcoming the public into their spaces. Many thanks to our tour hosts!
The straw house tour is free to members of the OSBBC, or $5 per person. Tickets, or passports, can be purchased at the first house you visit, and then you can visit as many other homes in the region as time will permit. Enjoy the tour!
- Only these homes are participating in the 2008 tour.
- Tours year round by appointment only.
- Updated to the latest version of the questionnaire template.
Albert and Martha Attema, Powassan (near North
023. Joy Allan and Bert Weir, Parry Sound
051. Clem and Denise Pilon, Alban
059. Amanda and Chad Greavette, Gravenhurst
099. Wave Weir and Otto, Parry Sound
Lake Simcoe/Durham Region
Bell and Scott Pegg, Kettleby
006. Rebecca Butler, Sutton West
024. Hempola, Barrie
028. Jack Seigel and Connie Cochrane, Orillia
067. Hop Hills Horse Stable, Uxbridge
068. Liza Hancock and Scott Jowett, Bolsover
091. Kandi Wood, Orillia
and Christina Swann, Wallacetown
014. Home Alive/Everdale Place, Erin in Hillsburgh
015. Glen and Libby Little, Eden Mills
016. David and Anne-Marie Warburton, Orangeville
017. John Panagapka and Karen Hunsberger, Grand Valley (House)
017. John Panagapka and Karen Hunsberger, Grand Valley (Workshop)
046. Leigh Gerraghty and John Wilson, Mono Mills
053. Scott, Russell (Ecology Retreat Centre), Orangeville
056. Cathy Kipp and Martin Tamlyn, Moorefield
061. Michael Greenhough, Elora
071. Christine Stec and Brian Ausman, Guelph
072. Everdale Office, Erin in Hillsburgh
084. Dahl Atin, Moorefield
Kawartha Lakes/Haliburton Highlands Region
and Patti Kembar, Lakefield
012. Maureen Corrigan and Sean Flanagan, Buckhorn
018. Camp Kawartha, Lakefield
022. Helen and Marcel Lafleur, Kawartha Lakes
025. Karen Soltan, Peterborough
026. Glen Hunter and Joanne Sokolowski, Cavan Cancelled, sorry!
027. Gail and Brian Robins, Norwood
042. Jack Bond and Kevin Shortt, Campbellford
043. Peter Brackenbury and Jenny Madden, Warkworth
054. Simon Boone and Mary Saunders, office of Generation Solar, Peterborough
097. Dorothy and Tim Whalen, Warsaw
101. Nicki and Jason Hansen, Baltimore
and Scott White, Actinolite
019. Sandy Zabludofsky, Madoc
029. Greg Magwood, Madoc
030. Julie Bowen and Chris Magwood, Cooper Cancelled, sorry!
048. Robin and Roger Lough, Belleville
063. Ian Montgomery, Madoc
064. Skate park canteen/washroom, Madoc
Kingston Region/Prince Edward County
Horemans, Karel and Elaine, Morton
009. Horemans, Karel and Elaine, Morton (Shed)
010. Ken Arnold and Kari Glasso, Sunbury
032. John Wise and Anita Jansman, Centreville
057. Frink Centre, Belleville
062. Les and Gwen Hoover/MacDonald, Deseronto
Doug Barr, Perth
035. Joan Hughes and Wayne Skerrit, Perth
050. September Scribailo and Michael Worger, Perth
065. Ross Elliott and Cat Williams, Maberly
080. Bruce Bailey, Maberly
096. Tamara and Sean Thomson, Perth
Generation Community Projects, Carp
036. John and Irene Polley, Bishops Mills
037. John and Marie Cook, Kanata
038. Diana Barnes and Eric Maw, Merrickville
039. Smith/Romano, Carp
040. Hank and Anita Carr, Spencerville
041. Marg Barraclough, Brockville
060. Don Billings, Merrickville
000. Amit Kvint, Spain
Gallery of Straw Bale Homes and Buildings
Are you a straw bale building owner? The OSBBC maintains a database of over 75 straw bale buildings for research and statistical purposes and as a basis for discussions with building officials. Would you like your building listed in the OSBBC gallery? Please complete the OSBBC Straw Bale Building Questionnaire [TXT] [PDF] [DOC] and send it to firstname.lastname@example.org. We welcome submissions from Ontario and the world. If you're web savvy and want to complete your own webpage you can right click, Save Target As the latest template, complete it yourself, and email it to email@example.com.
We welcome submissions of straw bale homes and buildings from Ontario and other locations in Canada and around the world. Please download, complete, and email or print, complete, and mail the OSBBC Straw Bale Building Questionnaire.